- 75 g almonds
- 100 g raw sugar
- 100 g Butter
- 175 g Gluten free plain flour
- 1 pinch salt, (optional)
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 lemons (or limes)
- 6 eggs
- 45 g Corn Flour butter
- 225 g raw sugar
Mill Almonds and Sugar on speed 10 for 10-20 seconds
Add all other ingredients and blend on speed 6 for approx 10 seconds.
Pastry should resemble a moist paste.
Only if dry and crumbly, add the egg white
Roll Pastry between sheets of baking paper until 5mm thin
Place pastry into tin and prick with a fork.
Put pie-weights or uncooked rice ontop to prevent air bubbles
(Alternatively - you could press pastry into small tartlet cases.)
Bake at 200 degrees for 10-15 minutes
Remove pie weights and top layer of paper and continue baking a further 10 minutes.
Zest the lemons or limes into the TM bowl.
Add Sugar and mill for 10 seconds / speed 10.
Add eggs and juice of lemons.
Cook for 5 minutes / speed 4/ 90 degrees.
Pour cooked curd straight onto cooked pie crust or into tart cases and refridgerate till cold.
Accessories you need
Usually only tastes better the next day - so you can make ahead!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo Banana & Walnut Muffins
- Pecan biscuits
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie
- Flourless Almond, coconut and vanilla cake
- Nectarine & Blood Orange Frangipane Tart
- Variation Plum crumble cake
- Vanilla Fruit Biscotti
- Nan's Zucchini Loaf - now DF, GF
- Banana Bread
- Sugar Cookies
- Gluten Free Sponge Cake
- Christmas Cake
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Pecan biscuits
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Plum and Zucchini Relish
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce