- 6 ripen bananas
- 1 tablespoon Rum
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 Stale white bread rolls
- 400 g coconut milk
- 125 g Milk
- 125 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 teaspoon plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 pinch of salt
1h 15minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Sliced bananas and marinate with 1 tbsp of sugar and 1tbsp rum. Leave aside for 20-30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line 25cm tin with baking paper.
1. Put bread rolls into TM bowl chop for 5 seconds on speed 6. Scape down sides of bowl.
2. Add coconut milk, milk, sugar, eggs, melted butter, plain flour,vanilla essence and pinch of salt blend for 15 seconds on speed 4.
3. Add marinated bananas and reserved some for decoration. Stir for 5 seconds.
4. Pour into a well greased baking tin and top the reserved bananas on top. Baked for 45 minutes.
5. Placed cooled baked cake in fridge or overnight.
Banana Custard Cake
This cake is best set in the fridge then serve. Best to leave it in the fridge overnight and it is something you can make a day ahead.
If you have time, you can leave the marinated banana overnight in the fridge. Rum and sugar make the bananas pink during the baking process.
Lady finger bananas are best for this recipe.
Use ripen bananas instead of firm one.
You can use any left over bread but not sourdough.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Blackberry Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins