- Butter, for greasing (see Tips)
- 280 g almonds
- 3 bananas, (approx. 275 g)
- 120 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 70 g moist coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 120 g Fresh Raspberries, (see Tips)
- 30 g flaked almonds
- 200 g pouring (whipping) cream, to serve
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, for dusting
Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease and line a loaf tin (25 x 9 x 11 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
Place almonds into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8.
Add banana, sugar and eggs into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 5 until smooth.
Add coconut flakes and baking powder and mix 5 sec/speed 4 until just combined. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add 60 g of the raspberries and mix 10 sec//speed 3 or until folded through.
Pour batter into prepared loaf tin, then top with flaked almonds and remaining 60 g of raspberries. Bake for 55-60 minutes (160°C) or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Insert butterfly whisk. Place cream into mixing bowl and whip speed 3 until soft peaks form, watching carefully through hole in mixing bowl lid. Transfer into a serving bowl and set aside.
Dust cake with icing sugar and serve with reserved whipped cream.
Substitute fresh raspberries with frozen raspberries, thawed on a paper towel.
To make this loaf dairy free, use grapeseed oil for greasing
Watch Anna prepare this recipe at our YouTube channel //bit.ly/1FCWvaZ
Other users also liked...
- Banana Cream Cheese Breakfast Cakes
- Chocolate Paleo Pie
- Variation Raspberry chocolate raw slice
- Coffee Bar Cake
- Macadamia & White Choc Cookies
- Paleo Banana and Blueberry Bread
- Lactation cookies
- Mini monsters
- Wholemeal Peanut Butter Chia Pancakes
- Patricia's Almond Biscuits
- Tear drop cake - Merengue Cheesecake
- Beer Brownies