- 120 g unsalted butter, cut into cubes, plus extra for greasing
- 75 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 250 g plain flour
- 120 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 70 g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 35 g cornflour
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 300 g Fresh or frozen mixed berries, plus extra if required
50minPreparation 25minBaking/Cooking 25min
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 175°C and grease a loose bottomed flan tin (23 cm).
Place butter into mixing bowl and melt 4min/60°C/speed 2.
Add icing sugar, vanilla and flour and mix 20 sec/, until mixture resembles wet crumbs.
Transfer and press mixture into prepared tin and bake (175°C) for 15 minutes or until golden and puffed up. Allow to cool.
Without cleaning mixing bowl, insert butterfly. Place sugar and eggs into mixing bowl and beat 4 min/37°C/speed 3. Meanwhile...brown butter in a light coloured saucepan, stirring occasionally until it turns a nutty brown colour. Do not over brown, butter should smell fragrant without any overtones of burnt. Set aside.
Add cornflour and vanilla and mix 20 sec/speed 3 until well combined. Remove butterfly.
Mix 30 sec/speed 3, slowly pouring reserved brown butter through hole in mixing bowl lid.
Sprinkle reserved cooled pastry base with berries, adding extra if required. Pour filling topping over, using spatula to even out if necessary.
Bake (175°C) for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve cold for best presentation.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Orange Waffles
- Nut and Muesli Slice
- swiss slice (shortbread)
- Upside down choc chip banana cake
- Instant Apple Slice
- Gunnadoo's Nut free Wild Orange Bliss Balls
- Vegan Whole Orange and Date Sugar Free Muffins
- Choc Chip Oat Cookies
- Choc Beetroot Mud Cake
- Boiled Date Loaf
- Blueberry and Almond Protein Balls
- MULLED CIDER
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl
- Spicy cauliflower soup
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup
- Lemon curd - Louise Keats
- Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango
- Japanese Gyoza (dumplings)
- Dolla's Cauliflower Cheese
- Gus' Pasta
- Chilli Cornbread
- Chicken and Corn Soup
- Edmonds Custard
- Portuguese Donuts (Bolas de Berlim)
- Mini Victoria Sponge cake and Mini Tea cake
- All in One Curried Sausages, Mash & Vegies
- Cambodian Fish Amok
- Avocado cheese stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon - all in one dinner
- Mum's Old School Curried Sausages