- 120 g unsalted butter, cut into cubes, plus extra for greasing
- 75 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 250 g plain flour
- 120 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 70 g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 35 g cornflour
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 300 g Fresh or frozen mixed berries, plus extra if required
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 175°C and grease a loose bottomed flan tin (23 cm).
Place butter into mixing bowl and melt 4min/60°C/speed 2.
Add icing sugar, vanilla and flour and mix 20 sec/, until mixture resembles wet crumbs.
Transfer and press mixture into prepared tin and bake (175°C) for 15 minutes or until golden and puffed up. Allow to cool.
Without cleaning mixing bowl, insert butterfly. Place sugar and eggs into mixing bowl and beat 4 min/37°C/speed 3. Meanwhile...brown butter in a light coloured saucepan, stirring occasionally until it turns a nutty brown colour. Do not over brown, butter should smell fragrant without any overtones of burnt. Set aside.
Add cornflour and vanilla and mix 20 sec/speed 3 until well combined. Remove butterfly.
Mix 30 sec/speed 3, slowly pouring reserved brown butter through hole in mixing bowl lid.
Sprinkle reserved cooled pastry base with berries, adding extra if required. Pour filling topping over, using spatula to even out if necessary.
Bake (175°C) for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve cold for best presentation.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fruit Crumble Muffins
- Zesty ginger oat & coconut crunch
- Fluffiest Scones Ever
- Pumpkin Chai Doughnuts
- Banana, zucchini and plum bread
- Sticky Date Cake by Thermovic
- Linda's Mum's Lemon Jelly Cake
- Raspberry Friands
- Variation Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies
- Banana fritters
- Quick Lime and Coconut Slice, Gluten Free and Diary Free
- Whole wheat pancakes
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Zucchini, Ham and Corn Bites
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon