- 120 g unsalted butter, cut into cubes, plus extra for greasing
- 75 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 250 g plain flour
- 120 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 70 g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 35 g cornflour
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 300 g Fresh or frozen mixed berries, plus extra if required
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 175°C and grease a loose bottomed flan tin (23 cm).
Place butter into mixing bowl and melt 4min/60°C/speed 2.
Add icing sugar, vanilla and flour and mix 20 sec/, until mixture resembles wet crumbs.
Transfer and press mixture into prepared tin and bake (175°C) for 15 minutes or until golden and puffed up. Allow to cool.
Without cleaning mixing bowl, insert butterfly. Place sugar and eggs into mixing bowl and beat 4 min/37°C/speed 3. Meanwhile...brown butter in a light coloured saucepan, stirring occasionally until it turns a nutty brown colour. Do not over brown, butter should smell fragrant without any overtones of burnt. Set aside.
Add cornflour and vanilla and mix 20 sec/speed 3 until well combined. Remove butterfly.
Mix 30 sec/speed 3, slowly pouring reserved brown butter through hole in mixing bowl lid.
Sprinkle reserved cooled pastry base with berries, adding extra if required. Pour filling topping over, using spatula to even out if necessary.
Bake (175°C) for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve cold for best presentation.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nutella cinnamon (donut) cupcakes
- Fruit Snack Bars
- Banana Cream Cheese Breakfast Cakes
- Chocolate Paleo Pie
- Variation Raspberry chocolate raw slice
- Coffee Bar Cake
- Macadamia & White Choc Cookies
- Paleo Banana and Blueberry Bread
- Lactation cookies
- Mini monsters
- Wholemeal Peanut Butter Chia Pancakes
- Patricia's Almond Biscuits
- Mini monsters
- Pizza base
- Chocolate quinoa cake with peanut butter frosting
- Cranberry and coconut toasted cereal
- Potato bake
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Pad see ew
- Beef and three-vegetable puree
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Beef cobbler with polenta dumplings
- Tear drop cake - Merengue Cheesecake
- Cheese Sauce (for corned beef)
- Ginger sponge roll with honey cream and jam
- Tomato relish
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Chilli Con Quesso
- Zucchini Cheesy 'Bread'
- Jen's Cottage Pie
- Pear cake
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken