- 500 g Milk, Full cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 220 g sugar, White
- 120 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 30 g rum or brandy, I used Grand Marnier
- 10 gram melted butter, For brushing molds
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar, For dusting
13h 50minPreparation 12h 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place the vanilla and milk in bowl and heat 7 min/100deg/speed 1. Place mixture in another container and put in the fridge to cool for 30 min at least.
- Put the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix 10sec, speed 6. Add 40 seconds at speed 4 and slowly add the milk mixture through the top of the lid until mixed. Place jug in fridge for at least 12 hours ( or place contents in a container if using your jug again)
- Preheat oven to 210 deg. Brush cannele molds with melted butter. Fill molds 3/4 full and bake for 10 min at 210 deg and then 90 min at 180 deg or until the canneles are golden brown.
- On removal from the oven let them rest in the molds for a few minutes before turning them out on a wire rack. Dust lightly with icing sugar and allow to cool completely before eating. Enjoy!
Prepare the night before.
Cannele molds can be bought online or at speciality baking stores and I highly recommend them to get just the right shape and texture to these lovely crispy caramelized bites with a custard heart. Totally divine. Makes approximately 12 1/4 cup sized canneles. Eat fresh as they lose their crispness quite quickly and that is their charm. Lovely with a cup of tea.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.