- 250 grams Raw peeled beetroot roughly chopped
- 30 grams water
- 260 grams dark cooking Chocolate broken into squares or choc melts
- 150 grams unsalted softened butter
- 300 grams caster sugar
- 250 grams Self Raising Flour
- 2 eggs
- 30 grams cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- **Blend the roughly chopped Raw beetroot at sp 8> 5 sec. Scrape down sides and add water.
**Cook 4 min > Varoma temp (120 degrees in the TM5)
**Blend sp 8 > 10 sec, [/b]scrape sides, blend again sp 8 > 10 sec.
**Add chocolate pieces, butter and sugar and cook [/b]7 min/90 deg/sp 1.
** Add flour, eggs, vanilla & baking powder then mix sp4 >
[/b]**Pour the Cake batter into prepared cake tin and cook 35-45 min at 170 degrees or until skewer comes out clean.
Accessories you need
For the Ganache I used this recipe and also put it through the middle- https://www.recipecommunity.com.au/desserts-sweets-recipes/chocolate-ganache-thick-ganache-perfect-to-cover-cakes/8cdj87xf-0278e-587624-cfcd2-jhh7s0c6
Also found this cake to be great when it's kept in the fridge.
After discovering the sweet potato mudcake recently I decided to have a play with beetroot to see if it would work and my kids love it!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- GF Chocolate Peppermint Melting Moments
- Custard Square
- Lemon Coconut Cake
- Vegan Cheesecake
- Gooey Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- Passion Mango "Boost Juice style smoothie"
- Low Carb Cheese and bacon Cauliflower muffins
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- "Boozy" Dalgona Coffee Whip
- No Bake Cookie Dough Slice
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Cauliflower and Turmeric flatbread
- Hundreds and Thousands Biscuits
- Green Apple and Kiwi Fruit Soft serve Ice Cream (Fruity Dream)
- Anzac Cheesecake Slice
- Home Made Philly Cream Cheese
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits
- sweet chestnut
- Purple sweet potato soymilk
- Tofu Pudding
- Savoury Scones
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)