- 12 Medjool Dates, de-seeded
- 50 grams cacao nibs
- 100 grams sunflower seeds
- 100 grams raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 5 drops food grade Peppermint Oil, use more or less to taste
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Soak dates in a bowl of boiling water, set aside
Place sunflower seeds and cashews in and mill 9 seconds/speed 9.
Add dates to milled seeds/nuts. Also add cacao and peppermint oil. Blend 1 minute/speed 9 - or until mixture will stick together when pressed.
Scoop out evenly sized balls - large (14) or small - and roll in cacao nibs to coat.
Large protein balls are approximately 120-150 calories per serving. To be eaten as a "snack" and great for kids lunchboxes!!
As a variation you can line a small baking dish with baking paper and scatter half of the cacao nibs onto the paper. After that press the mixture firmly into the dish, then press the remaining cacao nibs into the top. Pop in the fridge till firm and slice into squares.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo Supercharged Cookies
- Gingerbread Shortbread
- Cacao and coconut bliss balls
- Rhubarb and Apple crumble
- Cheesy Knefeh
- Fluffy Hakkaido Snow Bun
- Nanny B's Potato Cake
- Passionfruit Melting Moments
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- 5 Ingredient No-bake Rum Balls
- Banana Bread Cafe Style - imperial
- cranberry creamcheese bread roll