- 140 grams pitted dates
- 160 grams dark choc chips
- 2 --- Over-ripe Bananas, (Large)
- 120 grams unsalted butter, cubed
- 200 grams self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 15 grams vanilla essence
- 50 grams Milk
- 2 eggs
- 60-80 grams extra choc chips, (Optional)
- Before you start:
a) Set oven to 170 degrees
b) Line a loaf tin width-ways with baking paper - for a (lazy) rustic way of doing this, crush your paper into a ball first then flatten out before lining the tin. I also give it a light spray with non-stick oil before lining.
- Now to create your mix:
1. Measure in dates and choc chips - mix for 6-8 seconds on speed 10.
2. Add the remainder of ingredients (except extra choc chips). The order of this isn't important, just measure as you go (I tend to add wet ingredients before the dry ones).
3. Mix for 30 seconds on Speed 5.
4. Scrape down side and mix again for another 5-8 seconds if necessary.
5. Mix in extra choc chips (either by hand or on Speed soft-1 for 5-10 seconds) if you like that extra chocolatey zing - my kids prefer this version
6. Pour mix into your loaf tin (or cake tin if you'd prefer) and place in the middle of your pre-heated oven for approx. 1 hour (depending on your oven so just keep a check around this point and adjust time as necessary).
- From the oven allow to stand for 10-15 minutes on a cooling rack before removing from the tin. It should slide out easily by lifting the long edges of your lining paper straight out onto your cooling rack. Allow to cool for another half hour or so before cutting for neater slicing - or dig straight in and enjoy warm/hot with some icecream or cream...YUM!!!
adapted from Clone of Quick and Easy Banana Date Loaf recipe (athompson)
Accessories you need
To clean up when done:
1. Give your bowl a quick rinse with hot water and wipe rim.
2. Few drops of washing liquid and fill with hot water to just above the blades.
3. Return to base, fit lid and measuring cup then blitz on Speed 10 for 30-60 seconds.
4. Another quick rinse out, dry and your good to go again!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.