- 185 grams Butter, cubed
- 120 grams brown sugar
- 110 grams Self Raising Flour
- 110 grams plain flour
- 70 grams Desiccated Coconut
- 150 grams Toasted Hazelnuts
- 2 Condesed Milk, Cans (395g)
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 40 grams Butter
- 40 grams Copha or Butter, chopped
- 200 grams Cadbury Milk Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 200 grams Cadbury Old Gold Dark Chocolate, broken into pieces
Preheat oven to 170 degrees fan forced (190 degrees conventional). Line base and sides of a 20 x 30 cm (base) slab pan with baking paper, allowing an overhang along eah long side.
Add cubed butter to TM bowl, melt at 100 degrees, speed 1 for 2 minutes. Add brown sugar, mix of speed 1 for 3 seconds. Add Flours and Coconut, mix speed 3 for 10 seconds. Mix with spatula, then speed 4 for 5 seconds.
Press into base of the prepared pan using a large metal spoon. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden. Remove from oven, stand for 3 minutes, then use a large wooden spoon to flatten the base.
Rinse and dry the bowl. Add all ingredients to the TM bowl. 100 degrees, speed 1.5 for 10 minutes, until the mixture is light golden and thickend slightly. Pour over the warm base
Scatter the hazelnuts over the caramel and use a spatula to press them into the caramel. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until the top is golden. Set aside to cool for 1 hour. Wash and dry the bowl well while you wait.
Add the Butter or Copha into the TM Bowl. Melt, 80 degrees, speed 3 for 2 minutes, or until all melted. Add the chocolate, continute to cook at 70 degrees for 2-3 minutes.
Spread the chocolate mixutre over the caramel, then set asie for 4 hours until firm. Cut into slices with a warm knife.
Accessories you need
Converted from a 2009 Family Circle magazine.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apple Slice ... HOWEZAT!
- Triple Chocolate Baked Cheesecake ... HOWEZAT!
- Smoked Salmon Omelette . . . HOWEZAT!
- 4-Way Mini Muffins . . . HOWEZAT!
- Fruit Filled Cereal Bars . . . HOWEZAT!
- Raspberry & White Chocolate Eclairs . . . HOWEZAT!
- Chicken, Parmesan and Spinach Loaf ... HOWEZAT!
- Mini Wagon Wheels . . . HOWEZAT!
- Beetroot Risotto with Persian Feta and Pine Nuts . . . HOWEZAT!
- Bacon and Onion Dip . . . HOWEZAT!
- Chocolate Mud Cake . . . HOWEZAT!
- Chocolate Chip Biscuits . . . HOWEZAT!