- 125 grams dark chocolate (70%), chopped
- 145 grams caster sugar
- 350 grams honey
- 500 grams blanched almonds
- 250 grams whole dried figs
- 165 grams plain flour
- 4 tablespoons good quality cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Recipe is created for
1. Grease & flour loaf tin + line with Glad Bake. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Gently melt chocolate, honey & sugar 5 mins / 80 degrees / until all is dissolved. (may need a few extra minutes)
3. Meanwhile, combine the almonds, figs, flour, cocoa & cinnamon in a large bowl.
4. Pour the melted chocolate & honey mixture over the dry ingredients & mix well. You should end up with a stiff, slightly sticky mass. Spoon into the prepared tin & use lightly dampened hands to smooth down.
5. Bake for 25 mins or until dry but still yields to the touch on top. It will seem rather underdone, however the bread will continue to cook & firm up once out of the oven . Let cool in the tin for 5 mins then run a knife around the edge & turn out onto a wire rack. Allow to cool completely, this will take several hours.
6. To Serve:- Cut into 3mm slices. Can be refrigerated, unsliced & covered for uo to 2 weeks.
This is more an after dessert panaforte served with coffee. It is dark, sweet, thick & dense. You can slice it very thinly using a sharp bread knife & serve with coffee/tea. Very Impressive & too easy!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- White Chocolate and Raspberry slice
- Banana & Caramilk Muffins
- Oaty ginger crunch
- Cinnamon slice
- Jersey Caramel Slice
- Rhubarb Cake
- Choc almond bliss balls
- Hearty Ginger Slice
- Satay noodle salad
- Cacao turmeric latte
- Sesame and Linseed Gluten free bread
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Healthy chocolate weetix slice
- Sweet Curry Granola Bar
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Carrot zucchini apple muffins
- Peanut Butter Bark (Protein Bar)