- 1 & 1/2 cups Whole cashews, Toasted
- 1 & 1/2 cups whole almonds, Toasted
- 1& 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup Chopped, dried apricots
- 1/4 cup Chopped naked or glazed ginger
- 1/4 cup glace cherries, Chopped
- 1/4 cup mixed peel
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 325g honey
- 165g sugar
- 120g dark chocolate
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Grease & line a Swiss roll tin, approximately 22 x 33cm.
Pre-heat the oven to 190C
- Place the first 9 ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- Add the honey and sugar to the TM and cook 6min,30sec/ varooma, Sp1, MC cup off.
Break the chocolate into squares and add to the honey mixture.
Cook 1 min, 100C, Sp1.
- Pour the honey mixture over the fruit & nuts and working quickly mix it all through before spreading into the prepared tray.
- Bake at 190C for 20-25min. Don't over cook or it will become very hard on setting.
- Cool in the tray on a wire rack before removing to a cutting board and slicing
If you cut the slab in half length ways, then into 1/2 inch slices you will get about 48 long thin slices.
I usually cut into little chunks.
Accessories you need
The mixture will thicken very quickly when you add the honey so you need to work quickly.
I have a large stainless steel mixing bowl which works perfectly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coffee Scrolls À la Anniembee
- Apple Crumble Tea Cake
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- Swiss Chocolate Slice
- Marble Butter Cake
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW