- 100 g choc bits
- 200 g caster sugar, + 1 Tbspn extra for sprinkling
- 1 dash vanilla or coffee essence
- 4 eggs
- 170 g SR flour
- 1/4 cup Boiling water
- 240 g thickened cream ( a 300ml bottle), stiffly beaten with sugar below
- 45 g sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 Cadbury flake bar, crumbled, for decoration, optional
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Grease and line a swiss roll/ lamington size tray app 25 x 31cm.
1. Add choc bits to the and blitz sp 7/ 8 secs or until finely chopped but not milled. Set aside.
2. Rinse out the bowl and inset the butterfly.
3. Add the eggs, sugar and essence/s
4. Beat 37°C/sp4/5 minutes, until the mixture is thick and creamy.
5. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and gently fold through the flour, water and then the chocolate. Fold just enough to combine.
6. Bake for 15 mins, or until just set.
7. While baking, prepare a large sheet of baking paper sprinkled with the extra caster sugar.
8. Tip (quickly and decisively..be brave..!!) the sponge onto the paper.
9. Using a sharp knife, cut off a thin edge from the sponge sides ( all 4).
*See note in tips*
10. Using the paper as a guide, tightly roll up the sponge. Careful, it will be hot. I used a tea towel to assist.
11. After rolling, tuck under the ends of the paper and leave to cool.
* If the sponge has risen a little too high, place a sheet of baking paper on the top and very gently, roll slightly to flatten. It will likely crack a little, but that can be covered up by cream etc on the outside if it cracks badly*
1. Spread the (optional) Nutella over the top, followed by the cream, leaving a small border.
2. Gently but firmly re-roll the sponge.
3. Leave to set for 30 mins in the fridge.
Don't be too worried if this cracks. I've made this several times sometimes it cracks, sometimes not.
Have a little extra whipped cream on hand to cover up any "boo boos" on the outside ;D
Join my FaceBook group Thermify me and Thermify me Breadwinners for more recipes, tips and cooking class schedules on the Gold Coast.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Marble Butter Cake
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- Blueberry jam
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Mixed berry Cheesecake trifle
- Mini cheesecake tarts 2 ways.
- Blueberry and Banana Cake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice