- 350 grams bakers flour, or All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 grams raw sugar, or Whits Sugar
- 226 grams unsalted butter, Chilled in small cubes
- 60 - 120 grams ice water
- 50 grams cream, for glazing
- 550 grams fresh cherries or other fruit such as Apples, seeds removed
- 150 grams raw sugar
- 30 grams arrowroot flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25 grams Butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice, optional
3h 0minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1 Place everything except water into the bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 6
2 Add water through the lid and kneed for 20 - 30 sec "Dough mode" untill dough just holds together.
3 Turn Dough out onto Thermomat or something similar and make a ball split it into two balls and flatten them out into dsk shapes. Refridgerate for about an hour either wrapped in plastic or in your mat.
4 Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
5 Roll out one disk to 30cm and fit into a pie dish crimping the edges - cover with plastic and refridgerate
6 Roll out second disk and with a 6cm Star cookie cutter cut out 20 shapes - cover and refridgerate until needed.
7. Bake shell for 10 min at 180
- If using other fruits grate for 10 seconds at speed 4
1Combine everything except butter in bowl for 15 minutes "Gentle stir setting" then transfer to pie shell.
2 Dot mixture with cubes of butter and then lightly brush the edge of the pastry with cream.
3 Start placing the stars on the filling working from the outside in making sure the tips of the stars are touching.
4 Lightly brush every surface with cream and sprinkle with granulated white sugar
5 Bake for 15 min at 200 and then reduce to 180 for 25 -35 min. If edges start to darken cover with a foil ring.
6 Let it rest for a few hours and serve with cream or ice cream
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and Zucchini Cakes
- Sweet Yeast Bread Rings
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- MINT CHOC-CHIP NANAIMO BARS
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Keto fluffy sweet waffles
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix