- 400 grams zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 220 grams sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- 180 grams oil, light-tasting
- 450 grams plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon powder
-Roughly chop zucchini, add to bowl and blitz 6-10 sec/sp 6. Scrape down and blitz for another few seconds if needed. Set aside.
-No need to clean out bowl. Add eggs and beat 20 sec/sp 4, until light and foamy.
-Add sugar, vanilla, and oil. Beat 40 sec/sp 4, until thick.
-Add grated zucchini and mix 20 sec/sp 4.
-Add remaining ingredients and mix 5-10 sec/sp 4, until just combined. If there are any remaining dry ingredients around the edge of the mixture, use your spatula to incorporate.
-Pour into 2 small greased loaf tins (I use 2 small baking dishes, 17x27cm - bakes faster).
-Bake @ 180C until a skewer comes out clean. This will depend on the depth of your tins. My cakes are quite shallow and bake in about 40 mins, but a traditional loaf tin would take around 60-75 mins.
You can add some nuts (e.g. walnuts, almonds) to vary the flavour. Pulse these to desired chunkiness before commencing with the recipe.
-If you want to fancy it up a bit, a cinnamon cream cheese frosting goes well with this loaf. Alternatively, you can brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar as soon as it comes out of the oven. An even lazier option (and my favourite!) is to sprinkle the loaf with cinnamon sugar before baking.
-I make this with half white, half wholemeal plain flours.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Yorkshire Parkin (Gingerbread slice)
- Choc chip biscuits
- Vegan banana pancakes
- Paleo Chocolate Brownies GF
- Fruit ~N~ Nut Granola Bars
- Banana and Strawberry Muffins / Cupcakes / Loaf
- Gevulde speculaas (Dutch spiced biscuit filled with almond paste)
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Light & Tangy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Best Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- Cinnamon Tea Cake
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Vegie Quiche
- Easy Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Raspberry Lemon Custard Cake
- Bacon, Ricotta & Roast Capsicum Quiche
- Quick Zucchini Quiche
- Quark - German spreadable cheese