- 100 grams white quinoa
- 80 grams almonds
- 80 grams brown rice, (I use a mix of brown, black, red and basmati rice)
- 2 teaspoons GF baking powder
- 90 grams desicated cocnut
- 140 grams coconut palm sugar, (this can be substituted with brown sugar, but the coconut palm gives a distinct flavour and is lower GI)
- 1/2 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 heaped teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 heaped teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste, (or Vanilla essence)
- 2 eggs
- 220 grams milk
- 75 grams Butter, (or macadamia oil can be used instead)
- 1 small ripe bananna
Preheat oven to 170 degrees
Place quinoa, almonds and rice into thermomix and mill at speed 10 for 45 seconds.
Add all other ingredients and blend on speed 6 for 25 seconds
Pour into bread tin and bake for aproximately 40 mins
This is a great high protein, low GI snack. It can be easily adapted to be lactose or dairy free (substituting lactose free or soy milk for milk and oil for butter. It is lovely served warm or cold and can be grilled and smothered in butter for those who wish to indulge.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nat's perfect pumpkin soup
- PECAN PIE
- Small bake Nutella muffins
- Chocolate Bean Cake with Coconut Butter Cream
- Ginger Loaf
- Raw vegan peanut butter slice (converted from @nourishnotpunish)
- Vita Brit Slice
- Judith's Hedgehog Slice
- Raw vegan jam donut balls
- Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Banana, Coconut & Walnut Loaf With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese