- 250 grams plain flour
- 7.5 grams baking powder
- 185 level tablespoon unsalted butter
- 192 grams caster sugar
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 350 grams Dried Mixed Fruit
- 100 grams Chopped walnuts
- 2 level teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1 level teaspoons vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
1h 50minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Sift the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl & mix well to combine, set aside.
***Creaming butter & sugar in the Thermomix - blend the sugar 10-20 seconds on speed 9 ( I did 10 secs for caster sugar),
Add butter to bowl and chop 5 seconds speed 8. Insert butterfly & whip for up to 2 minutes speed 3-4. NEVER go past speed 4 with the butterfly in use or it will break. ***
***If your butter is hard, add to the Thermoix for one minute/37 degrees/ soft stir ***
2. Cream the butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
3. REMOVE BUTTERFLY & the add cream cheese & vanilla. Beat until smooth - approx. 1 1/2 - 2 minutes speed 3.5
4. Add the eggs, one by one through the MC hole in lid. Waiting a few seconds inbetween adding the next egg.
5. Add the lemon zest.
6. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients & gently fold together.
7. Spoon into a lined greased 23 cm square cake tin & bake at 150 degrees C (fan) for approx. 1.5 hours.
***Not fan forced approx. 170 C
Always trust your own oven when baking as they are all different. Mine cooks fast so I reduce the temp & lessen the cook time by about 15 minutes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake