- 100 g Butter, cut into cubes
- 80 g honey
- 90 g brown sugar
- 80 g pitted dates
- 200 g rolled oats
- 20 g Poppyseeds
- 30 g white chia seeds
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch salt flakes
Preheat oven to 140 degrees/Gas Mark 2.
Place the butter, honey and brown sugar in the TM bowl and melt for 6 minutes/Varoma/speed 2 to form a light, sticky caramel.
Add the dates and chop for 4 seconds/speed 5. Add the rolled oats, poppyseeds, white chia seeds, cinnamon and salt flakes. Mix for 10 seconds/speed 3.
Line a baking tray of about 20cm x 25cm with baking paper, and press in the mixture. It’s sticky so I use another sheet of baking paper on top to smooth it out.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. The slice will be soft when you remove it from the oven but will set as it cools. Slice into squares and store in an airtight container.
Accessories you need
There’s lots to like about these snack bars. They’re easy, adaptable (use other seeds or fruit) and free from nuts, making them lunch-box friendly. They’re extra delicious because the sugar, honey and butter are slightly caramelised.
Don’t save this one for the kids!
Check out my video for this recipe & many more at danivalentcooking.com!
This and other great recipes are available in my cookbook: In the Mix 2: More Great Thermomix Recipes, available at the Thermomix website.
Other users also liked...
- Toasted Granola
- Tokyo Olympic Matcha Tea Pavlova
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Doughnut Bundt
- Shortbread Squares - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Egg Free Brioche
- Roti Boy
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Chicken Tart
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Fortune Cookies
- Basque Cheesecake
- Bloody Caesar and Clam Salad
- Passata - Dani Valent
- Red capsicum pithivier with parmesan pastry
- Double Trouble Fennel and Tomato Chutney
- Semi-dried Tomato Grissini
- Chilli Tomato Sorbet