- 300 g white sugar
- 9 eggs, we are only using the egg whites
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 vanilla pod, vanilla to be scraped from pod
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 20 g hazelnuts
- 20 g lemon rind thinly peeled
- 600 g cream
- 100 g blueberries
- 100 g strawberries
Preheat oven to 120 degrees. Line a tray with baking paper. Prepare a piping bag with a 1cm round opening/tip. Trace some small circles on the paper if you need a guide when piping.
Place hazelnuts and lemon in the bowl and mix on speed 10 for 15 seconds. Set aside and wash bowl well.
Place sugar in the bowl and mix on speed 10 for 10 seconds. Set aside.
Place 9 egg whites in the bowl. Add cream of tartar. Insert the butterfly. Mix on speed 4, at 37 degrees for 5 minutes.
Mix again on the same settings for 5 more minutes. During this time, add the sugar.
Mix again on the same settings for 1 minute, this time adding the cornflour, vinegar, vanilla, lemon and hazelnuts.
Place mixture into the piping bag and pipe small circles/discs of the same size. For mini pavlovas, I use a circle 6-7 cms in width.
Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes and then turn the oven off. DO NOT REMOVE THE PAVLOVAS, simply allow them to cool completely in the oven, ideally overnight.
To 'dress' the pavlovas, place 600 mls of cream into the bowl. Insert butterfly. Whip on speed 4 for 30-35 seconds. Smother the pav in cream and top with berries. Repeat twice to achieve 3 layers of delicious pav. Serve immediately.
This Pavlova is easily made in the TM5 or the TM31.
Other alternatives to the lemon and hazelnut include orange and dark chocolate or cinnamon and pistachio. Keep the quantity the same and use the same method.
This makes a beautiful centrepiece for your Christmas Dinner Table. Best made the night before the event. Cream can be whipped ahead of time and refrigerated if needed.
These work well as individual desserts, however the Recipe can be made into one layered pav too.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Apricot delight
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- CWA Afgans Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Raspberry and lemon curd cake
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Peanut Butter Twix Bars
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (no sugar)
- Smokey Bacon Dip
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- Basic Baleada
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Sweet Chilli Relish / Jam
- Variation Creme Anglaise
- New York Baked Cheesecake
- Chocolate Magic Cake