- 60 grams fresh yeast, or 20g of dried yeast
- 500 grams Milk
- 850 grams Baker's Flour
- 125 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 175 grams honey
- 2 teaspoons flakey salt, crushed
- 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Nutmeg
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cloves
- 250 grams currants
- 125 grams mixed peel
- 50 grams cornflour
- 70 grams castor sugar
- 2 --- eggs, Large
- 400 grams Milk, full cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean, or teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 40 grams unsalted butter
- 150 grams castor sugar
- 125 grams water
2h 20minPreparation 2h 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Divide dough into 12 even amounts and form into balls. This will give you 12 large buns and will snugly fit a large rose gold baking tray (MixShop) - as pictured - OR divide dough into 24 smaller buns and place on 2 rose gold trays.
Allow buns to rise for a further 30 minutes.
This recipe has been converted from a recipe by Yael Shochat, chef and owner of the celebrated Middle Eastern restaurant Ima Cusine in Auckland.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fleur's Cauliflower Muffins
- Mushroom Cappuccino with flavoured oil
- Banana Hazelnut & Honey Bread
- Carrot Cakes with Harissa Yoghurt
- Bánh Xèo - Crispy Vietnamese Pancakes with Nuoc Tuong - Yellow Bean Sauce
- Pistachio ANZAC Biscuits - Variation on EDC recipe
- Barbecue Sauce
- Cashew Cheese - dairy free
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Sautéed Chestnut Mushrooms
- Caramel Hedgehog Slice
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath