- 250 g peeled pumpkin, cut in 2cm pieces
- 280 g raw sugar
- 110 g vegetable oil
- 75 g water
- 230 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 180 g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces, or chocolate chips
- 1/2c roughly chopped walnuts
Peel and cut pumpkin into approximately 2cm pieces.
Fill TM bowl with 500g water.
Place pumpkin in Varoma and steam 15 - 20 minutes, Varoma, speed 2.
Remove pumpkin from Varoma. Set steamed pumpkin aside in a small bowl.
Wash and dry TM bowl thoroughly ready for next step.
Preheat oven to 160 degree's Celcius.
Grease and line a medium loaf tin.
Place raw sugar in TM bowl. Grind sugar 10 sec, speed 10. Remove sugar and set aside in small bowl.
Place the dry ingredients, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt into TM bowl. Mix together 10 sec, speed 5.
Remove dry ingredients and set aside in another bowl.
Place steamed pumpkin to TM bowl. Mash quickly 3 sec, speed 5. Add the ground sugar, oil, water, and eggs. Mix 10 - 15 sec, speed 5, or until smooth.
Gently stir in the remaining mixed dry ingredients. 20 - 30 sec, speed 3 or 4, or until just combined.
Finally add the chocolate chips and walnuts. Gently stirring through.
Pour mixture into prepared loaf tin.
Bake for approximately 1 hr and 15 minutes. or until a skewer comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing loaf from the loaf tin.
Loaf will cut into approximately 10 slices when cool.
Server slices warm with butter and cinnamon sugar.
Can be stored in the fridge for at least 3 days (if it lasts that long) or frozen.
If using your Varoma to cook a steamed meal the night before, pop your pumpkin in while its cooking to save time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Strawberry & Vanilla Teacake
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Cookies
- Baked Cottage Cheese crepes
- Peanutbutter choc chip cookie
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Sourdough (in a date loaf tin)
- Teriyaki Chicken - 20 minute quick meal
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Yuzu Mayonnaise
- Graff - Macedonian Bean soup recipe
- Baked Cottage Cheese crepes
- coconut milk, for cream, see tips
- Garlic Soup
- Blue Cheese and Caper Butter
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Peanut Salad Dressing Recipes