- 140 g raw sugar
- 120 g crystallized ginger
- 190 g plain flour
- 170 g softened or melted butter
- 1 beaten egg (reserve some for glazing)
- flaked almonds
Preheat oven to 180C.
Add raw sugar. Mill 5 sec/speed 10. Set aside.
Add crystallized ginger. Chop for 3 sec/speed 6.
Add remaining ingredients, including raw sugar. Mix for 10 sec/speed 5. It is a slightly sticky dough.
Pressed into a greased 24cm flan tin. Decorate with flaked almonds and glaze with reserved egg wash.
Bake for roughly 25 mins or until golden brown.
Leave out flaked almonds for a nut-free version.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- White Chocolate and Raspberry slice
- Banana & Caramilk Muffins
- Oaty ginger crunch
- Cinnamon slice
- Jersey Caramel Slice
- Rhubarb Cake