- 225 grams caster sugar
- 110 grams Butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 85 grams buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 285 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1h 0minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees/350F/ Gas Mark 4.
2. Add butter and sugar to TM bowl and cream together sp8/10sec. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and cream for a further 10sec/sp8 or until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, bananas, buttermilk and vanilla to the bowl. Mix sp6/10sec.
4. Add flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda and mix for a further 10sec/sp6. Scrape down sides of bowl if necessary and mix for another second or two.
5. Grease a loaf tin, pour mixture in, transfer to the oven and bake for around 45 minutes to an hour (or until risen and nicely browned).
6. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for Round 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Eat warm or cool and store in an airtight container.
Accessories you need
If you do not have buttermilk, use normal milk and add 1 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice or vinegar.
If you use SR flour do not add bicarbonate of soda. You can also substitute wholemeal flour if desired.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coffee Scrolls À la Anniembee
- Apple Crumble Tea Cake
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- Swiss Chocolate Slice
- Marble Butter Cake
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW