- 2 cups plain flour
- 2/3rds of a cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ level tsp baking soda
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups soy milk, (or other dairy free milk such as rice milk)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups raw caster sugar, (or rapadura sugar )
- 2/3rds cup rice bran oil, or your preferred neutral tasting oil.
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Paste, (optional)
- 200 g Sweet William Milk Chocolate (nut & dairy free chocolate –, available in most supermarkets in the health food section)
- 60 ml Soy or Rice Milk, (or milk substitute. Using Coconut Milk also makes an amazing ganache)
- 2 tablespoons Rice malt syrup
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Buy OR even better make approx 300-600ml of Dairy Free Milk of choice - ie Coconut, Rice, Soy or Almond (if nuts allowed) see Basics.
I make Rice Milk -
Cook 50g Brown rice & 400g water 20mins/100C/speed 2
Then Blend 3mins/speed 10.
Add 600g water and blend 1 min, slowly increasing from speed 1 to 10.
Optional: - use a mix of almonds and rice in step 1 (total weight 50g) and add a sweetener (date, sugar, honey) in step 2 if required.
- Pre heat oven 160 degrees
- Add all Cup Cake ingredients into TM bowl, then mix on Speed 6 for 6 Sec, scrape down bowl with spatula and repeat until all ingredients are combined. divide cake batter into 24 paper cupcake pans placed into two muffin tins, fill 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes or until the centre is set. Lift patty pans out of muffin tins to cool to avoid pattypans going sweaty. Allow to cool completely.
When cool, make the ganache by heating the chocolate buttons, dairy free milk substitute and rice malt syrup into the TM Bowl for 8min, 50 degrees Speed 2. Add 1-2 minutes if required, until all choc buttons are melted.
Drop a teaspoon of ganache onto each cupcake and let it spread over the top. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Dont leave in the fridge for too long as the ganache will lose its shine.
Top or decorate with other ingredients of choice. I like to leave the ganache topped cupcakes at room temperature for at least 4 hours to let them set before serving. Enjoy!
Dairy Free Milk of choice - Buy OR Make from scratch
Ganache & Decorate
This recipe is a great Birthday "take to school" Celebration Cupcake.
This recipe is nut free unless you choose to use the Almond meal in place of flour. Instead of 2 cups plain flour, use spelt flour, would also be nice with almond meal or coconut flour as a substitute.
This original non thermomix recipe is by Jo Casamento Gerges converted into an easy quick Thermo method from Mammabake.com.yo
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake