- 1/2 vanilla bean pod
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves, whole
- 1/4 Nutmeg
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 15g dried instant yeast
- 250 grams Milk
- 520 grams bakers flour, or use half spelt &amp; half bakers flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams sugar
- 70 grams Butter
- 1 egg
- 70 grams Roasted Hazelnuts, (no skin)
- 120g dried apricots, (I use organic sulphate free ones)
- 1 tbs apricot jam or honey, to glaze buns with
- 4tbs TM Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Place vanilla bean, cloves, nutmeg & cinnamon into the TM bowl & chop for 1 min speed 10. (If it is not all chopped up you may need to add a tablespoon of the flour & chop it again).
Add milk and yeast into mixing bowl with the spices and heat 1 min/37deg/speed1.
Add flour, salt, butter, egg, hazelnuts & dried apricots knead 2-3 min. adding more flour if the mix is too sticky.
Allow to rest in warm place covered with tea towel for 30-40 minutes then divide into 12 buns.
Place buns onto 2 large pieces of baking paper in the Varoma dish. (6 on the top tray & 6 on the bottom). Allow to rise in a warm spot.
Fill TM bowl with 500ml water. Place varoma with buns on top of TM bowl & cook 15minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
When your buns have finished steaming, gently move them on to an oven tray still on their baking paper & bake for 10- 15 mins until golden brown. Brush with some honey or apricot jam to glaze them.
Place chocolate hazelnut spread into piping bag & pipe crosses over slightly cooled buns. Or use butter & apricot jam mixed together to pipe over the top as crosses. (Or melted white or dark chocolate.)
Apricot & Hazelnut Hot Cross Buns
If you are making your chocolate hazelnut spread before starting this recipe you don't need to clean the bowl before starting the recipe.
Erica Noble & arwen.thermomix worked on this recipe together as they both love the Hot Cross Buns made at Jackman & McRoss Bakery in Hobart & wanted to make their own version.
You may like to change some of the dired apricots to some sultanas or currants too.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sicilian Orange Cake
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Quince conserve
- Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Indulgent Cream Cheese Brownies
- Charlie's Vanilla Bean Paste
- Charlie's Spicy Prawn & Pumpkin Soup
- Vanilla Bean Custard- Arwen's version
- Mayonnaise Free Coleslaw - Arwen's version
- Arwen's Heavenly Hummus
- Arwen's Fresh Fruit Sorbet
- Pizza Bianca with Rosemary & Garlic
- Rosey & Arwen's Spanish Surprise Breakfast Muffins
- Buckwheat Dinner Rolls - Arwen's tweaked version
- Charlie's Creme Caramel
- Charlie's Quince Jelly