- 150 g brown rice
- 150 g raw almonds
- 8 Dates pitted
- 1 whole orange cut into quarters
- 2 Juicing Carrots cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/2 tsp each of the following spices: Mixed spice, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground ginger
- 100 g sugar
- 160 g Butter or Veg Oil
- 2 tsp GF baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar for dusting
1h 0minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven on 180 degrees. Prepare 20cm round baking tin (line and grease)
Mill the rice 1 min speed 10. Add the almonds and mill 10 sec on speed 9. SET ASIDE - no need to wash bowl.
Place orange, carrots pieces, dates and spices and blend 12 sec speed 9. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary
Add all ingredients as well as reserved rice/nut flour and mix 6 sec / speed 6.
Pour into prepared baking tin and bake for 45-50 min.
Accessories you need
So easy to make as it requires ingredients which is normally in the house.
I make mine with brown rice, but have made it with normal white rice as well. Brown rice obviously have more health benefits.
This cake is not very sweet, but strong in flavour. Add more sugar (up to 200g) if you prefer sweeter cake.
Use honey in place of sugar - adds extra dept to the flavour.
Can use more or less of the spices - depending on taste
Add a few crushed walnuts/peacan nuts to the batter for extra crunch.
Use Coconut or other good veg oil in place of butter to make it dairy free.
Decorate with dusting of icing sugar or creamcheese icing and a sprinkle of nuts.
Great as desert slice with home made custard.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Banana and Nutella Bread
- Paleo No Bake Peanut Butter Slice
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life
- Buttered Caramel Popcorn Cupcake
- BBQ Salt (Braai Sout)
- EASY Apricot and Peach/Nectarine Chutney (South African)
- Hot Cross Fudge
- Gluten Free Cheese and Herb Snack Sticks (Lunchbox)
- "Its all about Christmas" Cupcakes
- Pecan and Date Christmas Tart
- African Surprise Christmas Cocktail (Rooibos)
- Eggnog - Alcohol Free (or not!)
- Halloween Mice and Spiders - Healthy, Nut Free
- Moroccan Style Marinade with Chickpeas
- Rich Milo Cake