- 55 g macadamia oil (see Tips)
- 400 g raw almonds
- 100 g pumpkin seeds
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 60 g sesame seeds
- 2 pinches sea salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp caster sugar (optional)
- oil, for greasing
- 120 g medjool dates
- 70 g dried figs, cut into halves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- slivered almonds, for garnishing (optional)
- Place a jug onto the mixing bowl lid and weigh macadamia oil into it, then set aside.
- Place 250 g of the almonds into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, sesame seeds, sea salt, caster sugar (optional) and remaining 150 g almonds into mixing bowl and mix 40 sec/speed 8.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and mix 1 min/speed 4, slowly pouring oil onto mixing bowl lid, letting it trickle into mixing bowl to emulsify until a paste consistency is achieved. Mix for a further 1 min/speed 8, with aid of spatula.
- Transfer into a sealable storage jar or container and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease and line a loaf tin (18 x 7 x 6 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place dates, figs and fennel seeds into mixing bowl and chop 15 sec/speed 8.
- Add eggs, bicarbonate of soda, vinegar and 370 g of the reserved nut paste into mixing bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 5.
- Transfer mixture into prepared tin and sprinkle with slivered almonds (optional).
- Bake for 40-50 minutes (150°C), or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in tin, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
You can replace the macadamia oilo with grapeseed oil.
Leftover nut paste must be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
You can store this loaf in a sealable container for up to 3 days, or store in the freezer (wrapped in foil) for up to 2 months.
This recipe provides protein, calcium and zinc and other nutrients, such as vitamin E and essential fatty acids.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)