- 300 grams Granny Smith Apple, Quartered and Cored
- 1/2 orange, Zest peeled and juiced
- 1/2 lemon, Zest peeled and juiced
- 100 grams sultanas
- 80 grams dried figs
- 80 grams currants
- 70 grams Macadamia Nuts (raw)
- 70 grams cranberries, dried
- 50 grams dried apricots
- 50 grams Dates pitted
- 50 grams Butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 50 grams Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 400 grams Plain Flour.
- 60 grams icing sugar
- 180 grams Butter, Cold and roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- icing sugar, to dust
- 1 egg, beaten
1h 0minPreparation 40minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
This is an uncooked recipe, at this stage, pour into an airtight container and keep in the fridge for a week, stirring occasionally to distribute the flavour evenly before using to make the mince pies.
Alternatively, you can cook the mixture for 15 minutes at 100C on reverse speed 1 and bottle in sterilized jars.
Brush the lids with beaten egg wash and press them on top brush with the egg yolk and stick a star on top of the lid (alternatively you can just place a big star shape lid only or cut out a little star of the middle of the lid)
Bake towards the bottom of a 170C oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and colored slightly at the edges and the bottom.
Making the Mince Pies
Label Jars and give as Homemade Christmas favours.[[wysiwyg_imageupload:642:]]
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 20 Seconds Yoghurt Cake - Gâteau au Yahourt with Caramelized Apple
- Crème Caramel "Maman" with Coconut
- Traditional French Easter Meatloaf
- Pear, cranberries, Goji Berries and Dates Christmas Mince Pies
- Sweet Dukkah with Orange, Pistachio and Cinnamon
- Savoury Eclairs filled with Smoked Salmon, Dill and Horseradish Cream
- Spring Roll Pastry
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Sweet potato bread
- Chunky Choc M&M Biscuits
- Cheats Vanilla Slice
- Old Fashioned Pancakes
- Masala Dosa
- Deliciously thick Chocolate Custard
- Vegetarian Zucchini Slice
- Fakes- Greek Lentil Soup
- Vegan Cinnamon Scrolls
- Strawberry Tiramisu (kids friendly, no alcohol)