- 180 g sugar
- 1 lemon, rind (and 3-4 tblspns juice, 2T will be used in the cake batter)
- 1 zucchini, app 145g
- 40 g neutral oil
- 1 egg
- 230 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat the oven 180°C. Grease/line a loaf tin
Blitz the sugar and lemon rind sp 9/12secs. Scrape.
Add the zucchini, sp 4/15-20secs. Scrape.
Add the remaining ingredients, sp4/20secs/"Counter-clockwise operation" . Scrape.
Bake 40-45 mins
Leave in the 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Drizzle with the lemon glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine the icing sugar and enough lemon juice to make a smooth runny glaze.
Drizzle over the cake.
How to: Cake batter
Accessories you need
A delicious way to use up extra lemons and zucchini.. ;p
Your source for great recipes, tips and cooking inspiration.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Easy peasy Apple cinnamon scrolls
- Quick mix butter cake
- Italian Semolina Bread
- Rock cakes
- Heidi’s German Streusel Kuchen (Crumble cake) yeast free version
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Onion fritters
- 4 ingredient vanilla pear cake
- Three ingredient biscuits/cookies
- Flourless Almond, coconut and vanilla cake
- Cheesey Mexican Salsa Dip
- Almond Cookies
- Chicken and Zucchini Cakes
- Sweet Yeast Bread Rings
- MINT CHOC-CHIP NANAIMO BARS
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Keto fluffy sweet waffles
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER