- 2 oranges, whole skin on
- 4 Eggs, Large
- 250 grams whole almonds, milled in TM
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon GF baking powder, sieved
3h 0minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Place the 2 oranges into basket and fill jug with water up to one and a half litre mark.
Cook for 45 mins at Varoma temperature speed 3 until oranges feel soft when tested with a skewar
Then discard water and place oranges in TM bowl and blend into pulp for 9 secs at speed 9.
Set aside and allow to cool. This is important.
Place 4 whole eggs with sugar into bowl. Insert butterfly and whick at speed 4 for 2 minutes at least until the mixture looks like lightly beaten cream.
Leave butterfly in place and add ground almonds and orange mixture and baking powder into TM bowl. Mix at speed 4 for 10 secs
Place into a greased and lined 22 cm round cake tin and bake at 190 to 200 degrees centigrade for approx 1 hr. Or you can make 12 muffins baked for approx 20 mins. Test for readiness with a skewer.
orange and almond cake
Either bake as a round or square cake or as 12 muffins. Don't open oven door too soon as mixture may sink. Be sure to test for readiness with a skewer.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Kids Bubble cups
- Chocolate, chia & ginger cookies
- Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Super simple Cheesecake squares
- Go-to Lunch Box Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits