- 250 grams water
- 75 grams Butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup potato or corn flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons xantham gum
- 4 eggs
- 1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.2. Place brown rice into TM bowl and mill on speed 10 for 1 minute. Set aside and rinse out bowl. (This will make slightly more than 1/2 cup brown rice flour so when adding the flours back into the mix, just use 1/2 c brown rice flour and save the leftover for using in the custard filling!)3. Place water, salt and butter into TM bowl and cook for 9 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 2.4. Add the flours and mix for 30 seconds on speed 4, or until you see the pastry coming away from the sides of the bowl. Take the lid off and allow pastry to cool for approx 10 minutes.5. Add eggs to the mixture one at a time onto rotating blades for 40ish seconds on speed 5.6. Spoon or pipe mixture into small balls onto trays lined with baking paper (makes approx 40)7. Place into preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown.8. Fill once cooled.
Sweet filling ideas include:* the custard from the EDC book pg 155. (flavour with cocoa powder if desired)* vanilla ice cream (easy no cook TMX recipe at my blog mellymaks.blogspot.com.au). Work quickly then refreeze. Serve slightly softened with a warm chocolate or caramel sauce drizzled over.* smooth ricotta, honey, and finely chopped glace ginger Savoury filling ideas include:* cream cheese mixed with finely chopped smoked salmon, freshly chopped dill and lemon zest.* goats cheese with finely chopped fresh herbs of your liking.* a good quality chicken liver pate, possibly with a little sour cream to soften to piping consistency.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Amaretti Biscuits
- Banana Pancakes
- Banana and Date Muffins
- Blueberry Blondie
- Breakfast Crumble
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Chocolate fudge cookies
- Nanna E, Raspberry Shortbread
- Low Fodmap Chocolate & Peppermint Slice Gluten Free Lactose Free
- Apple crumble cake
- Basic Buttercake (AWW) 1.5 quantities
- Banana & Zucchini Paleo Muffins
- Raspberry Coconut Slice (gluten free)
- Nut and gluten free fudgy chocolate brownie slice
- Black rice, seed and choc chip cookies - gluten and nut free
- Raw cashew, cacao and coconut oil truffle coated in dark chocolate
- Almond and coconut balls (Ferrero Raffaello style!)
- Gluten Free Kahlua Christmas Cake
- Breakfast loaf - gluten, dairy and nut free
- Choc caramel puddings (gluten free)
- Apple Hazelnut cake
- Healthy grain cherry macaroon cake
- Brown rice and quinoa baby rusks
- 'Sausage' rolls