THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 120 grams brown rice flour
- 30 grams Coconut Flour
- 95 grams sorghum flour
- 90 grams Tapioca Starch/Flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 200 grams canola oil
- 300 grams white sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 195 grams unsweetened applesauce
- 240 grams buttermilk
- 6 tsp Red food colouring
- 5 grams unsweetened cocoa powder, in addition to previously listed cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 450 grams full-fat block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 115 grams unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 480 grams icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons cream or full-cream milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com gluten free red velvet cake recipe
Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius.
grease and line two 9-inch (22cm) springform round cake tins
- Step 2.
Mill brown rice in mixing bowl; 40 seconds, speed 9
Add coconut flour, sorghum flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, and 15 grams unsweetened cocoa powder to milled rice. Mix 15 seconds, speed 4.5
Set combined flour mix aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Step 3.
In mixing bowl add canola oil and sugar. Mix 15 seconds, speed 4.5
Continue mixing on speed 3 for a further 45 seconds - 1 minute, adding eggs through measuring cup hole, one at a time, then applesauce. Ensure mixture is fully combined.
- Step 4.
Add approximately one third of the flour mixture, and one third of the buttermilk to the other ingredients already in the mixing bowl. Mix for 10 seconds on speed 7. Repeat utill all of the flour mix and buttermilk has been added and combined.
- Step 5.
Into a cup, place red food colouring, 5 grams unsweetened cocoa powder and vanilla extract. gently mix to create a paste.
Turn dial to speed 7 and mix for 30 seconds, add paste while mixing. Ensure batter is fully combined.
- Step 6. Divide batter evenly into pre-prepared cake tins (approximately 670grams in each tin).
Bake cakes in oven for approximately 25 minutes (or until skewer comes our clean)
- Step 1.
combine cream cheese and butter on speed 4.5 for 15 seconds. scrape down sides with the spatula and mix again on speed 4.5 for 10 seconds.
- Step 2.
Add icing sugar, 2 Tbsp of cream or milk and vanilla extract. Beat for 15 seconds on speed 5.5.
- Step 3. Add 1 more Tbsp of cream if you think it looks too think. add a pinch of salt if you desire a sweet and salty flavour. Beat for 10 seconds on speed 5.5.
- Step 4.
Place cream cheese icing into sealed contained and store in fridge.
Red Velvet Cake
Cream Cheese Icing
Accessories you need
Icing the cake....
Ensure cake is completely cool before icing.
* Ice the cake on the day it is to be eaten.
* You may like to use a spoon of melted chocolate to stick bottom layer of cake to cake board/plate to avoid it slipping.
* Place dollops of cream cheese on top of first layer, place second layer on top and ice sides and top if desired. Store in fridge until it is to eaten.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- Gingerbread Bliss Balls -Variation of Cinnamon Doughnut Bliss Balls (paleo, raw, vegan, dairy-free, grain-free, gluten-free)
- Easy gluten free slow cooked Cinnamon Bun
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Super Easy Waffles
- Recco Classico
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- Super Simple Veggie Soup