- 1 tsp vanilla extract, organic, natural, no thickeners
- 85 grams honey, liquid, see tips
- 1 level teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 50 grams dessicated coconut
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 180 degress celcius (fan forced)
- Grease and line a loaf tin
- Add 185g of raw almonds to the bowl, blitz on speed 8 for 10 seconds. Set aside
- Put peeled and chopped carrots into bowl and chop speed 7 or 8 seconds. Scape down sides of bowl.
- Add bananas (2) and blend on speed 4 for 10 seconds. It should look a little like baby food. Continue blending for longer if needed.
- Add 3 eggs, reserved almond meal, 3 tablespoons of natural peanut butter, 1 tsp of natural vanilla extract, 85 g of honey, 1 teaspoon of bi-carb. Mix speed 4 for 10 seconds,
- Add 50 grams of desicated coconut and mix speed 3 for 5 seconds. You might also like to add some dates or sultanas in this step if you can tolerate them.
- Pour into prepared loaf tin and bake for 60 - 70 minutes. Insert a skewer into centre of loaf; if it comes out clean the loaf is cooked.
f you need the recipe to be gut friendly, you should seek out items that don't have thickeners or preservatives. For peanut butter, I use the Sanitarium Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter; for the vanilla bean extract I use Taylor and Colledge Fairtrade Organic Vanilla Bean Extract (it's runny as it doesn't have thickeners).
You could also use other butters in this recipe like chestnut butter or cashew butter.
You may prefer to substitute the honey for a different sweetener.
This recipe has been adapted from Samantha B Johnson's SIBO friendly loaf - the original recipe is available here:http://sibodietrecipes.com/banana-carrot-coconut-loaf/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin Chai Doughnuts
- Banana, zucchini and plum bread
- Sticky Date Cake by Thermovic
- Linda's Mum's Lemon Jelly Cake
- Raspberry Friands
- Variation Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies
- Banana fritters
- Quick Lime and Coconut Slice, Gluten Free and Diary Free
- Whole wheat pancakes
- Mocha Hot Cross Buns
- Muesli Biscuits
- Paul west’s country river cottages jam drops