- 50 grams polenta
- 100 grams Rapadura Sugar
- 200 grams wholemeal plain spelt flour
- 60 grams brown rice flour
- 250 grams Butter Cubed, cold
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
Place polenta and sugar into mixing bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 9.
Add rice flour, plain spelt flour and butter. Mix for 10-15 seconds on speed 6. Mixture should appear crumbly. (Tip: this crumbly mixture is great as the topping on a fruit crumble)
Knead 35-45 seconds, closed lid position/interval speed. Mixture should ocme together to form into a soft dough.
Turn out dough onto Thermomat and shape into a long square log. Cut into 5mm slices. (Shortbread can be pricked with a fork for decoration)
Place evenly onto a baking tray (covered with baking paper) or use your thermomat on a baking tray.
Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until a golden colour.
Healthier Grandma's Shortbread
Can bake this on Thermomat on a baking tray, or use baking paper
This is a brown coloured shortbread, because you are using wholemeal flour and rapadura sugar - which gives a beautiful flavour to the biscuit
I used a TM5, but I am sure a TM31 will work equally well
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apple-Cinnamon Choc Chip Muffin
- Easy peasy iced custard tarts
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Protein Bars
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- English muffins
- Variation Zucchini Slice gluten free
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Corn Bread
- No Knead Sourdough (FODMAP)
- Apricot almond cake with rosewater and cardamom
- Beef cobbler with polenta dumplings
- Chilli Cornbread
- Variation Easy Creamy Polenta
- Fodmap cheese and rosemary polenta fingers
- Rosemary & Parmesan Biscuits