- 170 grams Milk
- 170 grams water
- 15 grams dry yeast, or 40 g fresh yeast
- 75 grams sugar
- 700 grams strong bread flour
- 5 grams salt
- 25 grams mixed spice, cinnamon, ground cloves, ground corriander, nutmeg to taste
- 2 eggs
- 120 grams raisins, or other fruit
- 50 grams Mixed Peel (optional)
- Zest of a Lemon or Orange
- 75 grams melted butter
- 120 grams plain flour
- 40 grams sugar
- water to make piping consistency
- 100 grams water
- 50 grams sugar
8Recipe is created for
Place milk and water in bowl. Heat 37 deg / 2 mins / speed 1.
Add yeast and sugar. Mix 2 mins / speed 1.
Add flour, salt, spice and eggs. Mix 6 secs / speed 6
Knead 3 mins.
Add melted butter while kneading further 2 mins.
Dough should be elastic, smooth and move away from the bowl
Remove dough from bowl and add fruit. Knead in with lightly floured hands.
Place dough in a container and refrigerate overnight.
Next day divide dough into 60 gram balls and roll using palm of hand to a smooth ball. Place on baking tray with baking paper and allow to prove until double in size.
Place flour sugar and a little water in the bowl.
Mix 5 sec / speed 4 adding water to make a piping consistency.
Pipe crosses on each bun.
Bake buns at 170 degrees for 12-15 mins until golden.
Place water and sugar in bowl. Heat 100 deg / 2 mins / speed 4.
Brush each bun with glaze while still hot.
Serve warm with butter. Enjoy
Make chocolate hot cross buns by substituting the fruit and zest with chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sacher torte
- Banana Choc Chip Muffins
- Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- Just a Minute, Baby Cakes
- Choc Chip Chunkies
- More Again - Paleo Banana Muffin
- Date & Weetbix Muffins
- Zucchini-Almond-Chocolate Slice
- Jubilee loaf ( served spread with butter)
- Blueberry yogurt muffins
- Peanut Drops
- Apple & Carrot Lactation Muffins