- 180 g plain flour, see notes
- 90 g wholemeal flour, see notes
- 70 g sugar
- 170 g currants, or other dried fruit
- 60 g candied peel, optional
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 85 g Butter, or unflavoured oil
- 230 g buttermilk, sour cream or yoghurt, see notes
- 1 egg
- drops citrus oil, optional
- coarse sugar, optional
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C FF)
Lightly grease muffin pan or line with cake papers, use patty cakes or silicone mufffin trays or freeform dollops onto a lined or greased tray.
Mix flours, sugar, dried fruit, candied peel (if using), baking powder, baking soda, salt a few seconds Speed 4.
Set aside. Use a medium bowl if you prefer to do final mix by hand.
Warm butter, buttermilk and egg (or preferences) a few minutes until it reaches 40° C Speed 2 with a few drops of citrus oil (if using).
Add all dry ingredients and mix a few seconds Speed 5 or pour liquid into bowl of dry ingredients and mix by hand.
Do not overmix!
- Fill muffin cases 3/4 and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of coarse sugar if desired.
- Cool completely on wire rack before enjoying plain or with some butter!
Best within a couple of days of making.
Dairy Free - use milk substitute of choice (almond or coconut will work best) and add 2 tsp of lemon juice to acidify it
Flour variations - I use Spelt for both wholemeal and plain however you could use all plain flour with 2 tbsp of bran or sub 30 g of flour with oats to increase the fibre.
Add caraway seeds or citrus zest if desired.
Suitable to mix fully, place into muffins or patty pans and store in fridge overnight ready to bake in the morning.
Suggested baking :
Half batch into 20 mini muffins, bake 12 -15 min
Full batch x18 muffins (smallish), bake 15-20 min
Lge muffin papers x12 ,bake 20 -25 min
Freeform dollops will bake quicker depending on your oven tray material.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sicilian Orange Cake
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Quince conserve
- Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Poached Quince - TM6 Slow Cook, Blade Cover Method
- Fluffy Coffee Whip - aka Dalgona
- Creme Fraiche TM6 Fermentation Mode
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Creme Fraiche TM5 Automated
- Ice Cream (Parfait) “Choc Tops”
- No Knead Sourdough (FODMAP)
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake - super moist
- No Knead Ciabatta
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Cooked Egg Mayonnaise