- 2 cardomom pods (or 1/4 teaspoon ground cardomom)
- 1/2 cinnamon quill (or 1 tsp ground cinnamonr)
- 2 cloves (or 1/4 tsp ground cloves)
- 30 g fresh ginger (2cm) or 1tsp ground ginger
- 50 g pecan nuts
- 50 g Almonds raw
- 70 g Milk
- 150 g honey
- 100 g brown sugar
- 70 g Butter
- 250 g Bakers Four
- 15 g cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
Recipe is created for
Prepare 12 cupcake wrappers and a cupcake tray. Put oven on 180.
If you use whole spices: Place cardomom pods, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in bowl and mill on 10 for about 20 sec or until well ground. If you are using ground spices - ignore this step,
Add nuts and mix 10 sec speed 9 (SET ASIDE) (if you use ground spices, add them to this step)
Heat Milk, honey, brown sugar and butter in bowl on 100, 3 min speed 2.
Let it cool to about 70 degrees and add reserve nut mix, flour, baking powder and cocoa. Mix 8 sec speed 7 or until well combined.
Add eggs and mix on speed 7 until well combined (about 8- 10 seconds)
Pour into cupcake liners and bake 15 min on 180 degrees C. Make sure cake is dry when inserting knife.
Decorate with choice of deocration such as: fondant, whipped cream, butter icing, dusting of icing, etc.
Accessories you need
Add a splash of Rum or Brandy with the eggs to the mixture.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fast Easy GF Spice Carrot and Orange Cake
- Buttered Caramel Popcorn Cupcake
- BBQ Salt (Braai Sout)
- EASY Apricot and Peach/Nectarine Chutney (South African)
- Hot Cross Fudge
- Gluten Free Cheese and Herb Snack Sticks (Lunchbox)
- Pecan and Date Christmas Tart
- African Surprise Christmas Cocktail (Rooibos)
- Eggnog - Alcohol Free (or not!)
- Halloween Mice and Spiders - Healthy, Nut Free
- Moroccan Style Marinade with Chickpeas
- Rich Milo Cake