- 120 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- 120 g Self Raising Flour
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 160 g Milk
- 500 g icing sugar
- 50 g Dutch processed cocoa
- Shredded coconut to coat
Preheat oven to 190C.
Butter and line a 20cm square cake tin and set aside.
Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add eggs and insert Butterfly.
Whip eggs for 7 min/50C/speed 3.
Add butter and vanilla paste and stir through 5 sec/speed 4.
Add flour and with dial set to 'Closed Lid Position' mix for 10 sec/ Interval speed. Finish mixing with spatula by hand if necessary.
Pour into prepared tin, spin to level and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden and springy to touch. Cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto rack to cool completely.
Freeze for 30 minutes before cutting.
Place butter and milk into mixing bowl and cook 2 min/80 C/speed 2.
Add sugar and cocoa and blend for 20 - 25 sec/speed 4.
Trim sides of sponge and cut cake into 16 equal sized cubes.
Scatter coconut over a tray.
Pour icing into deep bowl.
Using tongs, put each piece of cake into icing and coat liberally. Place onto coconut, push coconut up onto sides and on top to finish.
Transfer to flat tray lined with baking paper.
Repeat until all are covered, refreshing cocnut if necessary.
Allow icing to set before serving.
Accessories you need
Other users also liked...
- Easy date scones
- Carrot Cake
- Fail free Muffins
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Frosting
- Banana Date Oatmeal muffins
- Mississippi mudcake
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (Vegan, DF, GF, No refined sugar)
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab