- 120 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- 120 g Self Raising Flour
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 160 g Milk
- 500 g icing sugar
- 50 g Dutch processed cocoa
- Shredded coconut to coat
8Recipe is created for
9Afternoon tea Snack Supper Alcohol-free Children food Non-dairy Vegetarian Autumn Christmas Easter Father's Day Mother's Day Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Baking BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Biscuit/cookie Cake Gateau Pastry Praline/sweets Roll Tart Low budget Australian Dessert
Preheat oven to 190C.
Butter and line a 20cm square cake tin and set aside.
Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add eggs and insert Butterfly.
Whip eggs for 7 min/50C/speed 3.
Add butter and vanilla paste and stir through 5 sec/speed 4.
Add flour and with dial set to 'Closed Lid Position' mix for 10 sec/ Interval speed. Finish mixing with spatula by hand if necessary.
Pour into prepared tin, spin to level and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden and springy to touch. Cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto rack to cool completely.
Freeze for 30 minutes before cutting.
Place butter and milk into mixing bowl and cook 2 min/80 C/speed 2.
Add sugar and cocoa and blend for 20 - 25 sec/speed 4.
Trim sides of sponge and cut cake into 16 equal sized cubes.
Scatter coconut over a tray.
Pour icing into deep bowl.
Using tongs, put each piece of cake into icing and coat liberally. Place onto coconut, push coconut up onto sides and on top to finish.
Transfer to flat tray lined with baking paper.
Repeat until all are covered, refreshing cocnut if necessary.
Allow icing to set before serving.
Accessories you need
Other users also liked...
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Greek easter koulourakia dairy free
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Protein bars
- Chocolate Crackle Egg Nests
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)