- 80 g almonds
- 250 g Butter, Chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 260 g caster sugar
- 300 g plain flour
- 80 g flaked almonds
- 500 g Lemon Butter, (Double batch from BCB or bought)
- icing sugar, for dusting
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg (160 deg fan forced). Line 26 x 32 slice tin with glad bake.
2. Mill almonds 10 sec/sp 7 (set aside)
3. Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla 40 - 50 sec/sp 5 (scrape down sides halfway through)
4. Add almond meal and flour. Mix 10 sec/sp 4, then /20 sec.
5. Press 2/3's of pastry evenly over base of slice tin. Bake in oven for 12-15 mins until lightly browned.
6. Knead remaining 1/3 of pastry into a ball, wrap in gladwrap and place in freezer.
7. Remove tray from oven and cool for 10 mins.
8. Spread base with lemon butter. Grate remaining 1/3 of pastry over lemon butter and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
9. Bake for 25 mins or until browned, then cool in pan. Refrigerate until cold, remove from tin, dust with icing sugar and cut into squares.
*Converted from The Red Devil's Kitchen Cookbook.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Best Ever Scones
- Ginger crunch
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Swiss Roll Sponge
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Jaffa Truffles
- Apricot Bites
- Shortcrust Pastry
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Hobnob Biscuits - a British favourite by Jayne
- Chocolate Chews (Weetbix Slice)