- 1 lemon, rind and juice
- 165g sugar
- 160g Butter, room temp and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 100g dessicated coconut
- 150g SR flour
- 2T lemon juice (approx.1 lemon)
- dash vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, about 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
8Recipe is created for
Grease/line a regular size slice tin.
Preheat the oven to 160°C f/f.
1. Add lemon rind and sugar to the and blitz sp9/5 seconds.
2. Add remaining ingredients in the order listed.
3. Blend sp4.5/1 minute.
4. Spread into the prepared pan.
5. Bake for app 20 minutes or until cooked.
6. Leave in tray while preparing syrup.
1. After cooking the cake, prepare the syrup by quickly combing the lemon juice and sugar in a small bowl. Don't dissolve the sugar.
2. Spread quickly and evenly over the still warm cake. The sugar will form a crust and the lemon juice will seep into the cake.
The idea is to not dissolve the sugar in the syrup topping as it forms a lovely crust on top.
Delicious with a dollop of cream, icecream or warm with custard.
Join my friendly FaceBook group Themify me
Thermify me breadwinners
for more recipes, tips, ideas and cooking class schedules.
This recipe is a combination of 2 recipes.
One is mine and another found on the internet.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mango mousse
- Blueberry ricotta pancakes with a lemon glaze
- Creme di Limoncello
- Easy Mini Quiches
- Walnut choc chip meringue cake
- Lemon pudding cake
- Garlic and herb butter bombs
- Chocolate and orange marble cake
- Salted caramel crackers
- Kheer (Indian spiced rice pudding)
- Lemon meringue tarts
- Yoghurt pancakes