- 1 lemon, (juice and rind peeled off with a potato peeler)
- 150 g Raw Sugar or Rapidura
- 100 g Butter, diced and softened
- 50 g cream cheese, (or sour cream)
- 2 eggs
- 150 g bakers flour, (or plain flour)
- 1 tsp Baking Power
- 1 pinch Sea salt, fine
Preheat oven to 180c
Put sugar and lemon peel in TM bowl and blitz for 10 seconds, speed 9. Scrape down
Add softened butter (make sure butter is soft or it may damage your butterfly) and cream cheese, and whip on speed 4 for 2 minutes or until creamy
Remove butterfly and lick clean
Add 2 eggs, pinch of salt and juice of the lemon and mix on speed 6 for 6 seconds
Scrape down, add flour and baking powder and mix on speed 4 for 3 seconds* or until just combined.
Pour mixture into a lined brownie or similar tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until set in the centre and edges are just starting to turn golden.
Accessories you need
Make sure your butter is soft, or it may cause your machine to wobble and overwork the dough.
Don't be tempted to over mix as doing so releases the glutens in the flour and will make tough brownies. It is ok to see a little white flour around the sides, you can incorporate that into the mixture as you scrape it out into your tin.
Brownie will look quite pale when cooked. You can dust it with some icing sugar if you like.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Pancake\Scone slice
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Tweaked version of Edna's Lemon Curd Teacake
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- Passionfruit Yogurt cake
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- Chocolate Chipless Biscuits
- Margaret fultons choc chip cookies
- Chocolate Raspberry Pudding Cake by Nigella Lawson (conversion)
- Easy Peasy Spreadable Butter
- Nat's Saucy Pork Belly
- Orange & Apple Cous Cous
- Orange Salt & Pepper Rub
- Orange & Poppyseed Glazed Varoma Chicken
- My Husband's Bachelor 'Baked' Beans
- "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Varoma Teriyaki Style Fish & Udon Noodles with steamed veggies
- Mocha custard
- Purple Carrot & Date Muffins
- Cherry Ripe Soft Serve
- Marbled Orange Cream & Brazil Nut Brownies