- 50 g pistachios, shelled
- 40 g macadamias
- 50 g blanched almonds
- 180 g caster sugar
- 130 g Butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- Zest from 2 Oranges, about 1 tbsp
- 220 g Self Raising Flour
- 120 g Milk
- 160 g caster sugar
- 160 g fresh squeezed orange juice, strained
- 120 g water
- 2 tbsp pistachios, shelled
- 2 tbsp macadamias
- Whipped or Double Cream, to serve
1. Grease a 22cm (2L) bundt or kugelhof cake tin with butter. Preheat oven to 170C (Fan forced).
2. Place pistachio & macadamia nuts into bowl and coarsely crush: 7sec | SP5. Set aside.
3. Add almonds to bowl and mill: 10sec SP10. Set aside.
4. Place sugar, then butter, into bowl. Cream: 20sec | SP4. Scrape down sides. Repeat: 20 sec | SP4. Scrape down sides.
5. Insert Butterfly. Cream: 20 sec | SP 4. Scrape down sides and repeat : 20 sec | SP 4 until light & fluffy. Scrape down sides.
6. With motor running at SP3, add eggs, one at a time, until evenly combined. Scrape down sides.
7. Add flour, orange zest, almond meal, crushed pistachio/macadamias and milk to bowl. Gently mix until just combined: SP2 | 10 sec | Reverse.
8. Carefully spoon mixture into prepared cake tin and level out top. Bake for 40 minutes, until skewer comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before turning out. Place on a wire cake rack.
Place all ingredients into bowl and cook 6min | SP 2 | Varoma. Place into a 2 cup jug.
1. Have 2 large plates ready.Place cake and wire rack over one of the plates. While cake is still warm, slowly pour half of the orange syrup over the cake. Some of the syrup will fall onto the plate below cake.
2. Wait 10 minutes, move cake and wire rack onto other plate. Pour the syrup that has collected onto the first plate into jug. Slowly pour half of the remaining syrup over the cake and wait another 10 minutes for syrup to soak into cake.
3. Repeat this process until all of the syrup has been absorbed into the cake.
1. For garnish, place 2 tbsp macadamia and 2 tbsp pistachios into bowl and coarsely crush: 8 sec | SP 5.
2. Sprinkle over top of cake.
3. Serve cake with dollops of whipped or double cream. Enjoy!
Adding Orange Syrup to Cake
I prefer to allow the syrup to slowly soak into the cake in stages, rather than skewering the cake and pouring syrup over the top to soak in.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Crostata di Ricotta (Almond and Ricotta tart)
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- French Gougeres
- Zucchini and basil soup
- Leek and smoked salmon dip
- Homemade cranberry sauce
- Spiced Mexican Tomato & Corn Soup
- Frozen mojito cheesecake
- Frozen mojito
- Raspberry souffles
- Bourbon Ribs
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Sweet Yeast Bread Rings
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- MINT CHOC-CHIP NANAIMO BARS
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- LYNN'S STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE