- 50 g Pecans or Almonds or combination of both
- 200 g chilled Butter, cubed
- 60 g icing sugar
- 230 g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Additional Icing Sugar, sifted
Pre-heat oven to 160-180°C.
Place pecans/almonds into TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
Place butter into TM bowl and melt for 2 mins at 60°C on speed 2. Butter may not be completely melted which is fine.
Place remaining ingredients, including the milled pecans/almonds, into TM bowl.
Set dial to and knead for 40 seconds on to form a dough.
With approximately a teaspoon of mixture, roll a ball and then shape like a small brick.
Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
Remove from oven and immediately roll in additional icing sugar. Place on a cooling rack.
Once cool, roll in icing sugar again.
This recipe works best using Icing Mixture versus Pure Icing Sugar because the presence of tapioca or maize starch helps to stabilise the dough. Also, Icing Mixture has a finer consistency and gives a better result when rolling the hot Mexican Wedding Cakes straight from the oven.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Date, Walnut and Ginger Loaf
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- Hot and Smooth Chilli Sauce
- Pizza pasta salad
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Pad see ew
- Chicken Wing & Vege Soup
- Apple & Onion Parcels