- 50 g Pecans or Almonds or combination of both
- 200 g chilled Butter, cubed
- 60 g icing sugar
- 230 g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Additional Icing Sugar, sifted
Pre-heat oven to 160-180°C.
Place pecans/almonds into TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
Place butter into TM bowl and melt for 2 mins at 60°C on speed 2. Butter may not be completely melted which is fine.
Place remaining ingredients, including the milled pecans/almonds, into TM bowl.
Set dial to and knead for 40 seconds on to form a dough.
With approximately a teaspoon of mixture, roll a ball and then shape like a small brick.
Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
Remove from oven and immediately roll in additional icing sugar. Place on a cooling rack.
Once cool, roll in icing sugar again.
This recipe works best using Icing Mixture versus Pure Icing Sugar because the presence of tapioca or maize starch helps to stabilise the dough. Also, Icing Mixture has a finer consistency and gives a better result when rolling the hot Mexican Wedding Cakes straight from the oven.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot Macadamia Crackers
- Chocolate Mint Biscuits
- Mum's Shortbread
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Walnut choc chip meringue cake
- Yummy Rocky Road
- Fructose free, dairy free cinnamon cookies
- Cranberry chocolate snack bars
- Vegan chocolate, raspberry and pistachio layer cake
- Plain Cake with Apple & Cinnamon Topping