- 125 grams unsalted butter, soft
- 125 grams Soft Light brown sugar, I used just 60grams
- 100 grams caster sugar, I skipped this
- 2 level teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg, cold from fridge
- 1 egg yolk, cold from fridge
- 300 grams flour, I used spelt flour
- 1/2 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 package 340gm Cadbury's milk chocolate chips packet, Dark also works well
3h 10minPreparation 3h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
9African American Asian Australian Caribbean European Mid East Russian Afternoon tea Breakfast Brunch Dinner Lunch Snack Supper Alcohol-free Children food Vegetarian Nut free Austrian Belgian British & Irish Dutch Eastern European French German Greek Italian Luxembourgian Maltese Mediterranean Polish Portuguese Spanish Scandinavian Swiss Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Ramadan Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Baking Cooking Cooling Heating BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Gift Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Biscuit/cookie Pie, quiche Canadian Latin America Mexican USA Chinese Indian Indonesian Japanese Thai Vietnamese Taiwanese Egyptian Lebanon Turkey Moroccan South African New Zealand Easy Low budget Appetizer Dessert
1. Melt butter 3 minutes/ 90 degrees/ speed 1 until all melted
2. Let butter cool 5 minutes
3. Mix (both) sugars 30 seconds/ speed 4
4. Add vanilla, cold egg and cold egg yolk and mix 30 seconds/ speed 4 until light and creamy
5. On speed 1, Slowly mix in flour and bicard soda until just combined
6. Add chocolate reverse/ 20 seconds/ speed 3 until just combined
7. Remove dough, wrap in cling film and place in fridge for 3- 24 hours.
8. Remove dough, slice into cookie shapes (approx 80mm thick) and place on baking tray lined with baking paper
9. Bake in pre-heated oven at 170 degrees celcius (fan-forced) for 7-10 minutes until golden
10. Remove from oven and allow to cool
Nigella's Choc Chip Cookies
Accessories you need
This recipe was converted from Nigella Lawson's 2010 book Nigella Kitchen.
I republished her original ingredient quantities but I cut the sugar down to just brown sugar, no caster.
Baking time with cookies depends on your preference and oven - just watch them, as soon as the edges start to brown, take them out and let them cool. They'll set firm and chewy.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.