- 250 grams pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 400 grams carrots, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 220 grams raw sugar
- 160 grams EVOO (olive oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200 grams plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 220 grams icing sugar, (or raw sugar milled 10sec/sp10)
- 90 grams cream cheese
- 45 grams Butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
1. Preheat oven to 185°C (fan forced)
2. Grease 25cm round cake tin
3. Place carrots into bowl and chop 4sec / sp5. Set aside.
4. Place eggs, sugar and oil in bowl and mix 5sec / sp5.
5. Add vanilla, spice, salt, flour and bicarb soda to bowl and mix 10sec / sp5.
6. Add pepitas and carrots and mix / 45sec / sp2.
7. Pour cake into tin and bake 75 minutes.
Add all ingredients to bowl and mix 20sec / sp6. Ice cake when cool.
Accessories you need
This can be made into cupcakes. Makes 12-18 depending on size of the tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bounce back when touched in the middle.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.