- 3 oranges, juice and peel of 1 orange
- 1 lemon, juice and peel
- 105 g raw sugar
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scaped out
- 3 whole cloves
- 340 g unsalted butter
- 340 g raw sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 orange, peel only, use peel of one orange from syrup
- 75 g almonds
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 300 g plain flour
- 100 g fresh orange juice
- 45 g olive oil
8Recipe is created for
Mill orange and lemon peel and sugar 20 secs speed 9
scrape down sides and add rest of ingredients. Cook 3 mins at varoma on speed 1. Leave to cool then strain.
Preheat oven to 170C
Mill almonds, orange rind and sugar for 30 secs on speed 8.
Add butter and eggs mix 20 secs speed 5. Add juice, oil and flour mix 30 secs speed 6. Add baking powder and mix 5 secs speed 6.
Pour mixture into greased and lined 25cm springform pan and bake for 1 hour at 170g until a skewer comes out clean from centre of cake. Remove from oven a cool slightly, remove baking paper and with bottom facing up pierce with skewer. Gently pour orange syrup over and leave to soak in.
Before serving dust lightly with icing sugar made in the TM.
Converted from Ruth Pretty recipe in DomPost column
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Autumn Pear cake
- Golden syrup spice cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Egg FREE Caramel Slice
- Variation Limes puff
- Banana Cake (Women's Weekly Recipe)
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Apple & Carrot Microwave Cake
- Milky Bar Cheesecake
- LCM Bars
- Tiny Teddies- Honey