- 1 orange, skin on, quartered any seeds removed
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 200 grams Butter
- 2 eggs
- 25 grams dessicated coconut
- 250 grams Self Raising Flour
- 3 drops lemmon essence
Recipe is created for
- 1. Set oven to 180°C.
- 2. If making caster sugar mill sugar and set aside.
- 3. Chop orange 10 seconds speed 8
- 4. Add softened butter and caster sugar, mix 30 seconds speed 5
- 5. Add eggs and mix for 4 seconds on speed 4
- 6. Add coconut and flour. Mix 30 seconds speed 5
- 7. Bake in 20cm tin for 35 minutes
- 8. Cool in tin for 5 minutes
- 9. Remove and cool on a wire rack
Ice with orange icing – 220g icing sugar, 1 tablespoon softened butter and 1 tablespoon orange juice.
Create an orange syrup – 70g orange juice and 70g sugar. Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill for 15 seconds on speed 10. Add orange juice and blend for 15 seconds on speed 5. Pour over cake immediately from the oven and leave in tin until completely cooled.
Orange and coconut cake
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lamb ribs with an apricot glaze
- Pancakes (Buttermilk) fit for the AIS
- Braised pork with bamboo shoots and sticky rice
- Quick Pumpkin Scones
- Savoury pullapart with ham, cheese and sweet chilli sauce
- Hot Chocolate - kids favourite frothy recipe
- Quick Pasta and Lamb Casserole
- Bushwalker Cookies
- Banana Cake