- 7 Eggs, separated
- 200 g Grapeseed Oil
- 200 g orange juice
- 1 orange, zest only, no white pith
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 180 g pure icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
1h 5minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180°C. Set aside a chiffon cake tin (26 cm) or angel food cake tin (26 cm).
Insert butterfly whisk. Place egg yolks into mixing bowl and beat 6 min/37°C/speed 3 or until doubled in volume.
Add oil, orange juice, orange zest, flour and vanilla and blend 15 sec/speed 3. Remove butterfly whisk and set mixture aside in mixing bowl.
Place a second, clean mixing bowl into position. Insert butterfly whisk. Add egg whites, cream of tartar and salt into mixing bowl and whip 7 min/50°C/speed 3, without measuring cup.
Mix 3-4 min/37°C/speed 3, adding icing sugar 1 teaspoon at a time through hole in mixing bowl lid until fully incorporated. Remove butterfly whisk and transfer mixture into a large bowl.
Add reserved egg yolk mixture to large bowl and, using a whisk, gently fold together until well combined.
Transfer mixture into cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes (180°C), or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Invert cake over a wire rack and leave to cool completely in tin (approx. 1 hour). When cool, transfer cake onto a serving plate. Dust with extra icing sugar before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 15 second Berrylicious muffins
- Fruit slice
- Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Autumn Pear cake
- Golden syrup spice cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Egg FREE Caramel Slice
- Variation Limes puff
- Banana Cake (Women's Weekly Recipe)
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Apple & Carrot Microwave Cake
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)