- 7 Eggs, separated
- 200 g Grapeseed Oil
- 200 g orange juice
- 1 orange, zest only, no white pith
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 180 g pure icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180°C. Set aside a chiffon cake tin (26 cm) or angel food cake tin (26 cm).
Insert butterfly whisk. Place egg yolks into mixing bowl and beat 6 min/37°C/speed 3 or until doubled in volume.
Add oil, orange juice, orange zest, flour and vanilla and blend 15 sec/speed 3. Remove butterfly whisk and set mixture aside in mixing bowl.
Place a second, clean mixing bowl into position. Insert butterfly whisk. Add egg whites, cream of tartar and salt into mixing bowl and whip 7 min/50°C/speed 3, without measuring cup.
Mix 3-4 min/37°C/speed 3, adding icing sugar 1 teaspoon at a time through hole in mixing bowl lid until fully incorporated. Remove butterfly whisk and transfer mixture into a large bowl.
Add reserved egg yolk mixture to large bowl and, using a whisk, gently fold together until well combined.
Transfer mixture into cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes (180°C), or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Invert cake over a wire rack and leave to cool completely in tin (approx. 1 hour). When cool, transfer cake onto a serving plate. Dust with extra icing sugar before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mumma's Coconut Fingers
- Lemon traybake
- Vegan Variation of 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- Ultimate Keto Chocolate Brownies
- Portuguese Tarts - with lemon infusion
- No Bake Lactation Bites
- Mocha brownies with a Coffee glaze
- Soft bread roll
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Yummy Apricot and Coconut Balls
- Light Fruit Cake
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab