- 7 Eggs, separated
- 200 g Grapeseed Oil
- 200 g orange juice
- 1 orange, zest only, no white pith
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 180 g pure icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180°C. Set aside a chiffon cake tin (26 cm) or angel food cake tin (26 cm).
Insert butterfly whisk. Place egg yolks into mixing bowl and beat 6 min/37°C/speed 3 or until doubled in volume.
Add oil, orange juice, orange zest, flour and vanilla and blend 15 sec/speed 3. Remove butterfly whisk and set mixture aside in mixing bowl.
Place a second, clean mixing bowl into position. Insert butterfly whisk. Add egg whites, cream of tartar and salt into mixing bowl and whip 7 min/50°C/speed 3, without measuring cup.
Mix 3-4 min/37°C/speed 3, adding icing sugar 1 teaspoon at a time through hole in mixing bowl lid until fully incorporated. Remove butterfly whisk and transfer mixture into a large bowl.
Add reserved egg yolk mixture to large bowl and, using a whisk, gently fold together until well combined.
Transfer mixture into cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes (180°C), or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Invert cake over a wire rack and leave to cool completely in tin (approx. 1 hour). When cool, transfer cake onto a serving plate. Dust with extra icing sugar before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 20sec scones
- Strawberry Balls
- Madeira Cake
- Egg, Nut & Dairy Free Cupcakes! School Friendly!
- Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry coulis
- Strawberry Choc Cheesecake
- Oreo Buttercream Frosting
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Pad see ew
- Beef and three-vegetable puree
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Beef cobbler with polenta dumplings
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil