- 50 grams Almond Flour
- 90 grams Coconut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 70 grams dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 300 grams ripe banana, mashed, (approx. 2-3 bananas)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 grams chocolate chips
Recipe is created for
9Afternoon tea Brunch Snack Supper Alcohol-free Children food Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Ramadan Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Baking BBQ Birthday Children birthday Everyday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Bread Cake Easy Natural Quick
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C (or 160˚C, fan-forced) and line a bread tin with baking paper.
2. Add flours, cinnamon, bicarb, salt, and dates to TMX bowl and mix for 8 seconds, SP8. Scrape down sides if necessary.
3. Add coconut oil, banana, eggs, and vanilla and mix 5 seconds, SP5.
4. Add chocolate chips and mix 3 seconds, Reverse, SP4.
5. Add mix to prepared tin and bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden on top and a knife inserted in centre of the loaf comes out clean. You may need to cover it with foil midway through cooking - my oven required me to have done this but I was distracted!
6. Allow bread to cool almost completely in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack.
Accessories you need
Mill your own almond flour and coconut flour first! Because I'd run out of the real stuff, I used a 'cheat's coconut flour' and milled 200g of desiccated coconut for 30 secs on SP9. It'll be a moist version, but I think it is lovely in this bread. Otherwise make your coconut flour ahead of time by drying the leftover pulp from making your own coconut milk- it's too easy not to!
Beautiful served warm out of the oven, and totally yum out of the fridge with a cup of tea, too!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Temeika's Caramel Slice
- 20 Second Donut Muffins
- Banana Bread
- Christmas Rum Balls
- Banana & blueberry muffins
- Apple, Raspberry, White Chocolate Desert
- Simple Butter Cookies
- White Christmas Crackles
- Healthy Home School Christmas Cake, gluten free option
- Ginger Nut Biscuits
- Compost Cake
- Traditional Brownie