- 50 grams Almond Flour
- 90 grams Coconut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 70 grams dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 300 grams ripe banana, mashed, (approx. 2-3 bananas)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 grams chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C (or 160˚C, fan-forced) and line a bread tin with baking paper.
2. Add flours, cinnamon, bicarb, salt, and dates to TMX bowl and mix for 8 seconds, SP8. Scrape down sides if necessary.
3. Add coconut oil, banana, eggs, and vanilla and mix 5 seconds, SP5.
4. Add chocolate chips and mix 3 seconds, Reverse, SP4.
5. Add mix to prepared tin and bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden on top and a knife inserted in centre of the loaf comes out clean. You may need to cover it with foil midway through cooking - my oven required me to have done this but I was distracted!
6. Allow bread to cool almost completely in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack.
Mill your own almond flour and coconut flour first! Because I'd run out of the real stuff, I used a 'cheat's coconut flour' and milled 200g of desiccated coconut for 30 secs on SP9. It'll be a moist version, but I think it is lovely in this bread. Otherwise make your coconut flour ahead of time by drying the leftover pulp from making your own coconut milk- it's too easy not to!
Beautiful served warm out of the oven, and totally yum out of the fridge with a cup of tea, too!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy date scones
- Carrot Cake
- Fail free Muffins
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Frosting
- Banana Date Oatmeal muffins
- Mississippi mudcake
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (Vegan, DF, GF, No refined sugar)