- 100 grams Cashews, (preferably activated)
- 100 grams almonds, (preferably activated)
- 100 grams sunflower seeds, (preferably activated)
- 100 grams Pepita Seeds, (preferably activated)
- 50 grams coconut flakes
- 130 grams honey
- 20 grams Blackstrap Molasses
- 50 grams coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence or Paste
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Rock Salt
1. Preheat oven to 140'C
2. Add cashews and almonds into Thermomix bowl; press Turbo until chopped to desired size (we prefer a smaller size granola so used 3 very quick presses) and set aside
3. Add coconut flakes, sunflower seeds and pepita seeds into Thermomix bowl; press Turbo until desired size (if you prefer whole sunflower and pepitas, omit them from this step) and set aside
4. Add honey, molasses, coconut oil and vanilla essence into Thermomix bowl; heat 2mins/50'C/sp.3 until melted and mixed well
5. Add reserved nut-seed-coconut flake mix into Thermomix bowl and mix well /15secs/sp.3 with the aid of the spatula. Depending on the "stickiness" you may need to remove the lid and scrape up-down the mixture to help it along.
6. Spread mix evenly over Thermomat; sprinkle with salt and bake 20-30mins until lightly browned; to prevent it sticking and ensure even browning, stir lightly once or twice through baking
7. Remove from oven and let cool; once cooled, break into small pieces and store in an air tight container
Flavour can be adjusted by adding a pinch of cinnamon, chilli powder, cacao powder, chia seeds or sesame seeds.
The molasses helps break up to overly sweet taste of some granolas but may be replaced with extra honey or maple syrup if you prefer
The nuts can be substituted with pecans, walnuts or hazelnuts
I prefer using nuts-seeds which have been activated overnight in salted-filtered water and dried in a low oven or dehydrator
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Bliss Balls
- Apricot Macadamia Crackers
- Chocolate Mint Biscuits
- Mum's Shortbread
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Walnut choc chip meringue cake
- Yummy Rocky Road
- Fructose free, dairy free cinnamon cookies
- Cranberry chocolate snack bars
- Vegan chocolate, raspberry and pistachio layer cake
- Apricot Macadamia Crackers
- Cashew Rosemary Crackers
- Variation Sprouted Buckwheat Bread
- Cranberry Pumpkin Crackers
- Summer Italian donuts with passionfruit curd, whipped ricotta, spiced sugar, passionfruit gelato, pistachio and freeze dried raspberry crumble - Dominique Rizzo
- CARLY'S GLUTEN FREE BREAD
- Overnight Apple Oats
- Ultimate GFDF Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Honey Mustard Chicken in 14 mins (non shredding!!)
- Fruit Snack Bars
- Chocolate Paleo Pie
- Max my bread crust buddy