- 125g Butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 185g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 110g S/R flour
- 30g plain flour
- 80g Milk
- 30g Toasted Coconut flakes, i did in frying pan
- 4 egg whites room temp
- 1/2tsp cream of tartar
- 200g caster sugar
- 250g mascarpone cream
- 300g thickened cream
- 30g small can passion fruit cream, save some to pour on cake
- 40g icing sugar
1h 0minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- preheat oven to 180 (160 fanforced) then grease two 22cm round tins and line bases and sides with baking paper
If you have one jug do the meringue first as you need very clean jug,i followed the instructions for whipped egg whites on t5 bcb,i just and added the cream of tartar at the begining started adding the sugar after one min once whites started to soft peak add slowly should be glossy and thick you can add extra time.set aside in clean bowl clean jug and move onto next step
- add butter vanilla and 185g sugar to bowl whip on speed 4 for approx a min,scrape down if needed should be light and fluffy then set timer 1min/speed 4 add eggs one at atime through lid beating between each addition,now add the flours and milk and mix about 10secs on speed 4 ,stop and use spatula to make sure all combined you dont want to mix to much ,divide between prepared tins and spread flat ,then top with meringue smooth one flat and one peak using the back of a spoon .
bake for 30mins approx i found timing was spot on 30mins mine did crack a little i have fan forced i would probably cook without fan next time
- passionfruit cream
add cream and mascarpone cheese and icing sugar to bowl and whip till thick approx 20-30secs speed4 check and add time if needed then i added 30g passionfruit i just stired through with spatula
top flat part with cream and drizzle extra passion fruit put on top and scatter toasted coconut on top
Accessories you need
this is a large cake the recipe was converted from womans weekly magazine to thermomix
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Low carb cheesecake
- Chaffles diet doctor
- Chicken liver pate keto
- Passionfruit apple jam
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Vegan pie filling
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Marmalade cake Jamie Oliver
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Leek potato soup